Terms and Conditions
Like everything in life, there has to be a bit of paperwork and T&C’s, so here are mine…
Terms and Conditions
1. Exclusive Photographer. LAUREN HENSON PHOTOGRAPHY photographer shall be the exclusive photographer retained by the Client for the purpose of photographing the events. Family and friends of the Client shall be permitted to photograph the event as long as they shall not interfere with the Photographer’s duties and do not photograph poses arranged by the Photographer.
2. Deposit and Payment. The Client shall make a deposit to retain the Photographer to perform the services specified herein. At such time as this order is completed, the deposit shall be applied to reduce the total cost and Client shall pay the balance due. The remaining balance should be paid to the photographer in full thirty (30) days before the event date.
3. Cancellation. If Client shall cancel after the deposit has been paid the Photographer has the right to keep the deposit for loss of work. If the Client shall cancel this Agreement within 6 weeks of the event date they owe the Photographer 50% of the full package price, if it is canceled within 4 weeks of the event date the Photographer will keep 100% of funds for loss of work.
4. Photographic Materials. All photographic materials, including but not limited to digital media storage devices and photographic files, shall be the exclusive property of the Photographer. The Photographer shall provide an online gallery containing digital photograph files available to the Client. The files contained therein belong to the Lauren Henson Photography Photographer.
5. Copyright and Reproductions. The Photographer shall own the copyright in all images created and shall have the exclusive right to make reproductions, except where permission is granted to Client to make reprints from the online gallery or usb of images provided. Client has permission from Photographer to reproduce these images in what sizes they desire with what lab they choose. The Photographer shall only make reproductions for the Client or for the Photographer’s portfolio, samples, self-promotions, entry in photographic contests or art exhibitions, editorial use. The Photographer must obtain written permission from the client to use the images on social media and her website.
6. The photographer withholds an up to date public liability insurance policy and can show certificate of this on request. The photographer has professional indemnity insurance, also will create multiple back ups of images on the day and after the day on several storage devices.
7. Failure to Perform. If the Photographer cannot perform this Agreement due to a fire or other casualty, or other cause beyond the control of the parties, or due to Photographer’s illness, then the Photographer’s second shooter would take their place and/or will do their upmost to find another photographer to perform the duties in their replacement. If neither of these options are available the photographer shall return the full amount to the Client but shall have no further liability with respect to the Agreement. This limitation on liability shall also apply in the event that photographic materials are damaged in processing, lost through camera malfunction, lost through computer malfunction, or otherwise lost or damaged without fault on the part of the Photographer.
8. The photographer will ask for a timeline of the day and specific shots which the client would like captured. The photographer will do her best to capture all the images required by the Client. If there are time/weather restrictions and other events out of her control stopping the Photographer from capturing the images she shall not be held liable for this. The Photographer will do her upmost to make sure everything is captured on the day, however some things are out of the Photographers control.